Prior to setting up Marketing Mechanics, Tracy worked in two central London PR consultancies, then at the BBC – first as a publicist and then a marketing communications manager. After leaving the BBC in 2005, Tracy set up The Publicity Network to help small businesses to cost effectively manage their marketing projects. Throughout her corporate and freelance career, Tracy has developed a vast knowledge of print, broadcast and new media communications and has devised and delivered many innovative campaigns, reaching a diverse range of audiences.
Tracy now specialises in delivering high impact communications campaigns, using sharp, consistent messaging and design to increase brand recognition, customer loyalty and sales. With strong written, visual and social skills, she is determined, decisive and has great team spirit. As a result she has a track record of delivering maximum results from challenging briefs.
Her extensive experience and broad expertise across the marketing mix and strong network of contacts ensures that clients get the right level of support, at the right price. Tracy knows what to do, how to do it and who to call upon along the way.
Skills and experience
- Creating & delivering revenue generation initiatives & brand building opportunities.
- Writing & producing printed literature, websites, electronic sales tools, direct marketing campaigns, newsletters, press materials, articles, case studies etc.
- Developing & delivering public relations & issues management programmes to maintain positive media, customer & community relations.
- Brand identity development, positioning & messaging.
- Event management; product launches; sponsorship & competitions.
- Strategic planning; demographic research; campaign creation, implementation & evaluation; project, agency & budget management.
- Building strong consultative relationships with senior executives, board members, journalists & key members of the community; leading creative & technical teams; managing junior staff.
- Project managed the creation of menus and other printed materials for local restaurants, butchers and beauty therapists.
- Developed and launched a local food magazine and website – you-food.co.uk
- Led the delivery of a comprehensive public consultation and communications programme surrounding the development of new health and education facilities to replace Surbiton Hospital in Ewell Road, Surbiton.
- Created a variety of public relations and communications campaigns for clients including h2index.com, yours2share.com, chellomedia.com and interspaceind.com
- Developed a comprehensive messaging strategy and cohesive set of printed and electronic sales tools for BBC Technology to support several key exhibitions and events. This included strategic development, creative leadership and copy writing of a new website, promotional DVD and sales literature, plus the company’s first e-comms campaign and annual report. All provided to key staff via secure online portal to help drive sales.
- Edited and contributed to BBC newsletters and achieved substantial press coverage about BBC Resources’ involvement in many major events including the Millennium celebrations. Also assisted with a Foreign Office press launch for a British Film Institute promotional DVD.
- Developed and led a successful joint promotional campaign during the last soccer World Cup for VideoPlus+, Toshiba and Warner Village Cinemas. Top prize of attending an England team training session secured exceptionally high competition entry rates.
- Devised and managed many Budgens Supermarket’s store launches – many of which outperformed previous records (calculated by store size) for highest ever first day takings and profits.
- Wrote many, successfully published, feature articles for various clients.